Re: Prepping a floor

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Prepping a floor
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:05:50 -0500
I agree with Mark...

put the electrical, air, etc you need in ceiling and walls...  put in a
floor drain for washdown..  electrical in floor would prevent that..  put
in a sink drain line to a french drain... even if you don't use it you can
cap it off for the future.

Set an flush mount anchor point in the floor in the front center of your
work bay...  capable of holding a car on a come'a'long or electric winch.
If I was building again I'd also put in a monorail or beam across the
ceiling for lifts...but I bet you've thought of this haven't you Inch ???.
I saw a nice plan for a movable monorail beam setup that would let you do a
lift and then move it in an arc (like to the workbench..  It was used in a
small shop to mount pieces in a lathe if I remember... I'll try to find it
if you're interested...   worth a thought..

multi heating zones sounds like a good ideal also and I'd photograph AND
sketch a layout of heating piping for future drilling or excavation...

john

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented and motivated fool