Re: McMaster (wasRe: Grainger)

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: McMaster (wasRe: Grainger)
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:49:03 -0700
Douglas Shook wrote:
....McMaster is my all-time favorite supplier, though.  I

> actually gave away my Grainger and MSC catalogues, and
> just use McMaster now.
>
> It helps that they have a local outlet here in Los
> Angeles, so they will do deliveries to the house on the
> same day you call in the order, and charge just a few
> dollars for the deliver (much cheaper than what UPS
> charges).
>
> In fact, if I call in an order before 9:00 am, they
> will deliver before 1:00 pm.  If I call it in by 1:00,
> they will deliver by 5:00 pm.  Pretty amazing service,
> and they always have the products I have ordered in
> stock -- I never have had a back-order with them.....

Ditto on that.  I'm in the SF Bay area and if I call or place a web order by 6
or
7 pm it is here by 10 the next morning by UPS.  I've had a few backorders over
the years, but not a lot.  They'll overnight things from their other dist
centers, at no additional cost, to fill them too.

Mark Miller