Re: Grainger

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grainger
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 06:13:27 -0400
MSC will be happy to send you their CD-ROM version of the catalog, which is as
complete as the paper version (but not as easy to "browse" on a rainy afternoon
- you have to know what you are looking for). Once you buy something, they will
send you sale circulars every other week for life. :-)

Mike

Randall Young wrote:

> FWIW, MSC Supply also offers Agitene (which does not have the lanolin to
> protect parts and hands), Super Agitene, and Super Agitene 141.  They have
> no qualms about dealing with individuals, although ISTR they have a $25
> minimum order.
>
> http://www.mscdirect.com
>
> I've heard stories that they don't like to send you a printed catalog if you
> don't represent a company, but I had no trouble getting one.  That thing is
> huge !  bigger than the abridged OED.
>
> McMaster Carr offers a similar solvent, but not the Agitene brand.
>
> NFI, etc.
> Randall
>

>>They look at you like you have three heads if you come in without a
>>business affiliation. I had a friend who worked there and was trying to
>>get me some stuff. They hassled him until he told them the stuff was for
>>my employer. Yes set up a fictitious company, (they all are anyway) and
>>give them a Purchase Order and they will be happy.

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

"In America, we tax work, investment, employment, savings,
and production, while we subsidize non-work, consumption,
and debt. It's time we reverse this trend." --Jack Kemp