Cardboard box blast cabinet results

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cardboard box blast cabinet results
From: Conrad <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:16:41 +0100
> If you are looking for something cheap for occasional use
> that doesn't take up space, consider a cardboard box.  I

Wow that was fun. I just constructed, used, and properly disposed of a blast
cabinet as per your instructions. Thanks, great idea (although with
hindsight it seems stupidly obvious).

A couple of improvements:

1. Cut 6 inch hole in 4th flap, shove hand with nozzle into bin bag, poke
nozzle through end of bin bag, stuff arm/bin bag combo through hole. This
pretty well stopped anything coming back out and made it fairly viable in
the garage. Will need to investigate the bong/scrubber as visibility gets
really bad after 30 secs or so.

2. I sat the work on a brick sitting in a fertilizer bag. Made getting the
sand out easy.

The bad part was that the processes really badly pitted the (mild steel)
stuff I cleaned. I couldn't really reduce the pressure much before it
stopped picking up the sand. Is it normal to get such a rough finish? The
stuff I got is called medium expenable abrasive, and its black. Is this the
wrong stuff?

Cheers,

Conrad