Re: electroincs....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electroincs....
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:16:05 -0400
Paul F Mele wrote:
> OK, all you closet electronics buffs...
>
> Lafayette Radio Electronics (NY)? (I used to ride my bike to their main
> store in Syosette.)
I lived in Englewood NJ in the 50's and used to drive to their store on Route
17
in Paramus. I still have a very nice tube stereo receiver that works, but the
cord broke on the tuning dial, and I have never gotten around to repairing it.
also have a nice 18"(?) tone arm (that, for you kids, was used with 33 rpm
records and a turntable) and several other items, all stored away.

> DYNACO?  the PAT 4 is still in the closet.  the ST-120 waiting for 'an
> upgrade'
> Allied Radio (Chicago)
I never bought from them, but I used to read the catalogs and drool.

Mike

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.
-George Gordon Byron, poet (1788-1824)