Re: MIG welders (not asking for advice)

To: kturk@ala.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MIG welders (not asking for advice)
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:05:08 -0500
Keith,

what a great idea... I built a rack about 2'wide 5' long and 5' high...out
of 1" tubing and 3/16 plate - 3 shelves and it holds my plasma cutter on
bottom (and gas bottle in back) middle shelf holds stick and mig welder,
hoses, clamps, stuff... top shelf holds helmets, square,small stuff...
It's on 4" casters and rolls out of the shop to the driveway for work..
has an additional 120 quad outlet mounted on front for grinders, drills,
and the mig.  etc.  I just keep  it plugged in so one switch flip and open
the gas valve and I'm ready..  I have to share a 220 volt outlet for the
plasma and the stick machine, but use them so rarely it's not a problem...
but I like your idea especially the drawers for storage... much cleaner and
neater..good thinking

john

Dave... when I saw the price of a welding cart for my Square wave Tig I
decided to build my own as well....  What I did that was worth noting was..
I went down to my local sears on Craftsman day.... and bought a 3 drawer
bottom roll away tool box... for the esteemed price of 89 bucks.... Yep...
store my helmets.... Gloves tips... Shoot I liked the gig so much I decided
to put the Plasma cutter and Mig on another one right beside it... Very
cool set up... I built the upper rack in an afternoon and did my own 2"
square tubing bottom for the box and used their wheels.... I had to extend
the bottom to hold the bottles.

Total cost.... around $300 for two welding carts, storage  and a set up
that works..

like old Ford trucks ?? check out my site at
http://jniolon.clubfte.com   or our home site at
www.ford-trucks.com