window glazing

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: window glazing
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:28:54 -0500
about a year ago I reglazed the windows in my show..  my first attempt..
I cleaned out the old glazing completely... wiped down the wood with
linseed oil then reglazed
smoothing the new glaze with a putty knife dipped in linseed oil...

my problem now is the glazing is coming out again...in strips...  what did
I do wrong..

any suggestions on a quick repair...  is the glazing in a squeeze tube
better or easier than the canned variety ??

come on glass glazing experts out of the closet !!!

thanks

john

like old Ford trucks ?? check out my site at
http://jniolon.clubfte.com   or our home site at
www.ford-trucks.com