radiant floor heat/epoxy/lifts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: radiant floor heat/epoxy/lifts
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 05:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
In the planning stages for the new workshop.  I really
appreciate all of the past thoughtful comments on this
topic.  Being in Ohio, I will need some sort of heat.
Considering radiant floor, but I have a couple of
questions.

1.  Is it still possible to epoxy/paint the floor?

2.  One bay will have a lift, but potentially not at
the outset.  I am currently leaning toward a 4-post
since I envision needing to store a car up there when
not wrenching, but want to leave myself open to a
2-post.  I haven't looked yet, are the dimensions of
"the group" of 2-posters close enough that I could
leave a void zone in the floor tubing in the
approximate areas where the posts would be?

3.  If I go with the 4-poster, any problems installing
over radiant heat?

4.  For another bay I am considering a Kwiklift
(www.kwiklift.com)  Has anyone seen one of these in
action?

Thanks,
Ron