World's Great Tool Store

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: World's Great Tool Store
From: "Eric Petrevich" <inch@megageek.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:01:37 -0400
In the most recent "Tool of the Trade" magazine, they are having a contest
(no prize) for the "greatest" tool store in the world.

Here is the email i sent in for a somewhat local place...

Inch

My forwarded email follows...

Hey Rick,

First off, I'm a long time reader of Tools of the Trade and I love the
publication.

Ok, enough of the brown nosing, down to business.  Your 'search' is over!
The best tool place in the world without a doubt, is in Glassboro, NJ.
It's called Fazzio's.  Here is the website...
http://www.josephfazzioinc.com/
If you look at it, you can see an aerial view of the place.  It's HUGE.
They, hands down, have EVERYTHING you can want.
They sell new and used items plus metal stock, scrap, and just about
anything you can think of.  The staff make it a point to be helpful and
courteous to customers (whether it's your first visit or 1000th.)  The
"copy" on the website is not just lip service, they live it there every
day.

Beyond being a great shop, it's a great place to "hang out".  In fact, I
just spent another day there, today.  Me and my buddy were walking around,
talking about the stuff they have there for hours.  The used inventory
changes often, so you never know what to expect.  I was thinking about
your 'search' while I was there and I was making notes of how diverse the
inventory is.  Here are some samples...

First off, ANY size metal stock (of any type aluminum, steel, stainless,
galvanized, etc)
Pipes from 1/8th" to 7' (yes, "foot")
Any size screw.  From less than #4 screws to over 3" diameters studs. (and
all the washers and nuts to match)
Bulldozers, loaders, skid stears, and just about any type of heavy
equipment
Custom made accessories for heavy equipment. (See the web page for
examples.)
Vacuum compressors
Table saws
20" grinders
Ground heaters
Air tools
Lawn and garden
Steam powered winch
V-8 diesel generators  (over 6" bore pistons with over 1' stroke.  No,
that's not a typo.  That's about a 325ci PER CYLINDER or about 2000ci in
total) They were only $2200 each. (used)
Trailer mounted, cable pullers
Small animal lab cages
1" hydraulic punch press
Army surplus tools and equipment
Gears, chains, pulleys of all sizes
Gas masks
The list goes on.  This is just some of the unusual stuff.  Of course they
have common tools as well.  How about a whole isle of hammers of all types
and sizes.  Another isle of every type of rake you can think of.

Ok, so you might be asking about prices.  Well, here is a small
comparison...

18 tooth #50 sprockets are $4.50 at Fazzio's.  In a national, mail order
catalog the same sprocket is $18.66 (before shipping.)
2" Bearing blocks are $24.10 each at Fazzio's.  The same catalog has them
for $62.62 each (before shipping.)

If you get a budget to fly to places and check them out, make sure this
one is on your list.  It's a "must see to believe" place.  In fact, email
me when you will be there, and I'll meet you and treat for lunch at one of
the local eateries.  (with pretty good food as well!)

If you don't get a budget to check it out, take a vacation day and go!
It's a tool lovers paradise!  Each one of my trips there is a
mini-vacation.

They even do web and phone orders if you live to far away.  (but if you
ask me, it's worth it to MOVE near the place!) 8>)

Note, I do not work for Fazzio's, nor do I have any interest in them
except as a satisfied customer.

Please let me know if you need any more info on the place.

Thanks for being a part of a great publication!

Eric Petrevich, CEO
Megageek Technologies
http://megageek.com