Re: Storage of sheet stock cut-offs

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Storage of sheet stock cut-offs
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 14:14:07 -0400
One clever idea I saw. If you have access to the end of a workbench,
build floor-to-ceiling racks behind the bench. Make it 8 to 12 inches
deep. Bad ASCII CAD follows. (View in a Fixed Font.)

_______________
Ceiling    |__|< 2x6 attached to ceiling joists
           |  |
           |  |
           |__|
___________|__|< shelf made from 2x6
|Work     ||  |
|bench    ||  |
|         ||  |
|         ||__|
|_________||__|< shelf made from 2x6 bolted to floor
Floor

The one I saw was as long as the 9 ft. workbench with access on both
sides. The middle shelf ran only half way across the bench so could put
in 4' x 8' panels on edge from one side and cutoffs on the other side.
The verticals were built with 2 x 2 wood and the horizontals with 2 x 6
to get the shelf width he wanted. He also put up a piece of plywood on
the face of the rack to serve as a backstop for the bench.

Jon

--
Yes, I know my message date is sometime in April 2001. Welcome to
my own personal version of the film Groundhog Day!

Babe! I got you Babe!