Re: Auto lift - oil dump

To: dereklola@yahoo.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto lift - oil dump
From: McVintage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:46:41 EDT
dereklola@yahoo.com writes:

> If you dump the whole 4 1/2 quarts into your shoe you've either
> a) got a very big (fast) drain, or
> b) very slow reactions.
>
> And c) a very big shoe.

oil had drained into pan sitting on stool (with the car up that high, if you
leave pan on floor, trajectory of oil flow changes enough that it starts to
miss the pan)  then bumped pan (or stool) while changeing filter - spilled
entire contents of pan at once.

And it is a big shoe - but at least you didn't question that installing
a lift has improved my personality and made me better looking   ;-)

Cheers
Jack Mc