Re: Another washer question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another washer question
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:33:34 EDT
RW scribes:

> I don't know what code is in your area, but a page I found on the web said
>  that  minimum slope is only 1/4" per foot or less (depending on pipe size).
>  40 * 1/4" is only 10" ...
>  http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/pages/h00015.asp
>
>  And, if you need only 2-3 ft extra, I'd probably look into how high the
>  washer is capable of pumping the water.
---------------------------------------
I bought my 1st washing machine (used) and hooked up it's drain nipple with a
6' length of plain old rubber hose, which dumped into the basement floor
drain.
The danged machine refused to pump the water out of the tub. It would do the
wash and agitation thing....then quit. I went back to the seller to complain.
He told me that the drain hose had to routed so that it went up before
draining out into a standpipe. Like a hose shaped as an up side down J.

He was right!

Don't know if newer models require this hose configuration,

BS Holden