Re: Trailer jockey

To: "Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailer jockey
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:01:44 -0400
I looked into this as well.  I would like to store my trailer under my
deck, but there is no way to make the tight turn required with a
vehicle.  I found this:

http://www.powercaster.com/

This is exactly what I would need, but it's a bit out of my price
range.  If you want to get creative, look up the patents...  the patent
numbers are prominently displayed on the powercaster.com page.  The
drawings provided are just about complete build it yourself
instructions.  And if you want to make a bunch and sell them to your
friends, don't worry about the patents.  Dated 1969, the patent is long
expired.  I considered building one using an old garage door opener
motor.  It already has a chain sprocket and is geared down fairly
low.  This project is in my "stuff to do some day" file.

-Steve