Re: lighting configuration for workshop

To: Jan Goethals <janealpg@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: lighting configuration for workshop
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:58:15 -0400
Jan Goethals wrote:
> I would like overhead fixtures to flood the whole area with light, and
> these should light up quickly (not slow like florescent lights).

   Do you live in a cold area?

   I use flourescents and think they are the best overall, and generally
take less than a second to light up.

   Only when it's cold is it a problem, so I have some incandescent ones
that will light the room until I can get the garage above freezing and
the flourescents come up.

   The flourescent lights are nice to work under because they are such a
physically large light source that you don't cast shadows on the job you
are doing.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca