RE: Machinery Pics

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Machinery Pics
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:04:49 -0800
> Anyway, just thought folks might think it was cool.  I'm kinda pumped that
> this is a vintage tool type thing that I can actually use.  :-)  I'm still
> just learning about the South Bend lathes (and pretty much lathe use in
> general, though I've done some work in the past with one), so please feel
> free to offer up advice on essential bits to have, common modifications,
> etc!

Mark, if you don't already have one, get a copy of South Bend's "How to run
a Lathe".  Reprints are available from Lindsay books
http://www.lindsaybks.com/
for something like $8.  It's the handbook that came with your lathe when it
was new.  Lindsey has lots of other good machining books available too.

Randall
Atlas 10x36 - made in the 40's I think