Re: Was lights now wire size

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Was lights now wire size
From: "J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:11:56 -0500
FWIW, a Lincoln "tombstone" welder wants 50 amps, I think a Lincoln TOG 175
wants
about the same, and my new HTP Inverter Tog only asks for 25A on a 240v line.
MIG
welders are all over the lot.  I run an oven for powder coating on a 30A line
(oven only, including the self cleaning feature) where normally a stove is on a
50A line.  And my 5hp compressor (a real 5hp) runs on a 20A line.

I guess it depends on what your aspirations are.

Jim