Re: Random comments

To: Eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Random comments
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:58:19 -0500
eric@megageek.com wrote:

> 1- "GearWrenches"=  I just bought the metric and standard
> sets of these  wrenches and I must say.  I totally sold on
> them!  They are ratcheting box wrenches that are the normal
> size of a box wrench (and they are reversible.)  The finish, the
> quality, everything is top notch (including the price.)  I got the
> metric set for $130 and the standard set for $95.  (less
> wrenches in the standard set)  I'll let you know how they hold
> up in  long term use.  (FWIW, the have a lifetime guarantee)

I agree, I bought an 8 piece standard set in December for $35 (Lowes was
running an introductory deal) and I love my set.  Very highly polished, they
feel great in your hands (not too heavy or bulky) and work very well.  I had
a set of Halfords ratcheting wrenches, almost identical in conception to the
GearWrenches, that I picked up a few years ago in the UK.  The Halfords set
is nice, but the beam is bulkier, and the mechanism isn't as tight as the
GearWrench.

I didn't buy the ones that have the reversible option (and the reversible
ones weren't on sale), since for me, I can easily just flip the wrench over
rather than moving the little lever to reverse the action of the wrench.

Kai