Re: I'm back! - cold weather car preps

To: "Steven Trovato" <trovato@computer.net>, <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>,
Subject: Re: I'm back! - cold weather car preps
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 00:17:59 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Trovato" <trovato@computer.net>
To: <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>; <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 3:15 PM

> Well, the original post by Matt said it was for the heater hose.  I have
> one in my tractor that's in the radiator hose.  I don't know if it loses
> any heat to the radiator or not, but it works well enough to get the
diesel
> to fire in the winter, which is good enough for me.

That's a "Lower Radiator Hose Heater".  To work correctly, the lower
radiator hose must slant up from the radiator to the engine.  If the hose
slants the other way, you heat the radiator instead of the engine and are
wasting your money.

Had them on cars in the past and they worked fine.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com