RE: Drainage from downspout

To: <w.farrington@verizon.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drainage from downspout
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:49:14 -0800
You can get hard walled drain pipe in either solid of perforated versions. You
could make the run from downspout to the exit with a solid part around the
septic tank and perf before and after.

Why is the end clogging? is it simply collapsing when you run over it?
Backfilling with dirt? Other?

The last time I did this, I ran the pipe underground as you describe to a
small, ~1' gravel pit where the pipe broke the surface. The water has some
place to drain and dirt isn't anywhere near. An advantage of the hard walled
drain pipe is that they sell end drains for them. It is like an end cap, but
with 10-20 vertical slots for drainage. I don't glue it on so I can open it if
I need to clean it out.

Do you put the pipe perforations in the right orientation? :)

Ken