Drill a hole in round tubing?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Drill a hole in round tubing?
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:19:00 -0600
What is the best way to drill a hole in round tubing?  I need to drill a
1/4" hole through a section of 1.25" chrome moly tubing on the chassis of
my race car.  What is the best way to insure the hole will be centered and
straight through.  It will have to be done with a hand drill as the section
can't be removed to be done with a drill press and press vice.

The hole will be used for a pin to hold a front cannard wing.  There is a
hole  already there, but it has been wallowed out over the years and it
would be best to drill a new hole so the wing doesn't move.

Thanks,
David Cole