Re: breaking off a tap?!

To: "nicholas harteau" <nrh@ikami.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: breaking off a tap?!
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:29:05 -0600
couple of ideas actually...... first try a pair of needle nose pliers to
back it out.... it you can't get to it with them try a pick or an awl....
the deal is they are much easier coming out then going in.... so give it a
try...

the other meaner solution I've used in the past is to hit the thing with a
hammer.... the metal of a tap is extreamly brittle... and can be broken
pretty easily.... ( ahhh hey I guess you know that already... )

Keith