Re: Mitsu overdrive

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mitsu overdrive
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:42:51 EST
In a message dated 3/25/03 10:23:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, LBC286@aol.com
writes:

> This is a '92 Mitsubishi Expo
> LRV Sport.  1.8L engine, 4 sp automatic.  Top gear is an electric
> overdrive,
> and therein lies the problem. The car now shifts 1 - 2 - 3 - neutral, and I
>
> think I caught a whiff of burning electrics.

Problem solved!!!  I called a Mitsu dealer and you can't replace just the
overdrive unit.  Have to replace the entire transaxle.

I am now in the market for something I can afford.  Anybody want a nice,
cheep, three-speed Mitsubishi?  (Philadelphia, PA area.)

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Now 3-speed)