New building coming soon :-)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: New building coming soon :-)
From: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:07:02 -0400
Ahh, it's good to be back.  I've been off this list for quite awhile.

Anyway, I have ordered a building from United Steel Factory in PA.  It is a
40x50x12 clearspan steel building.  4/12 pitch roof.  For now it is going to
have a 12x12 and 8x10 garage door openings and a walkthru door.

Anyway, I am going to be doing the concrete soon and I have a couple of
questions.  Since I am going to be doing mostly automotive work in the
building and I am not very good at containing spills I want to seal the
concrete to make cleanup easier.

Should I seal it before I start construction?
Should I just paint/epoxy rather than seal it?  Before or after
construction?
If I paint, epoxy, or seal the concrete will I have problems putting
linoleum tile on the floor (I will eventually wall off an office in the
building.)?

I'll take suggestions on materials and brands but I know there's a lot of
info on that in the archives already.  I just didn't find anything on the
timing of the task.

Thanks,

Ronald M. Madurski
Lockheed Martin Information Technologies
304 625 2269
ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com