Re: DIY shop press plans

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DIY shop press plans
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:01:34 -0700
At 07:29 AM 4/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Any thoughts on these presses? Would/Is deflection a problem in these
>presses?

  I sure didn't like the looks of that press, looks awfully flimsy to me.

  At one point in this lists history someone posted some very nice plans
for a shop press.  I am talking 4-6 years ago, I got them and built it.  I
will have to see if I can find them again, Inch was it you that had the PDF
?  I just did a quick search of my e-mail dir and didn't find it but I
should still have it.

   There is a also a GREAT book for building all kinds of things called
"Racer's Guide to Fabricating Shop Equipment" (amazon $17)  it has plans
for Shop Press, Engine Stand, Hoist, Chassis Rotisserie and others but
those are the items requested in the last few days.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/