oversized box...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: oversized box...
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:04:45 -0500
      A couple of years ago I shipped two fenders, two inner fenders a air
deflector, valance and grill from a '53 F-100 to Norway via California by
boat... I had to build cardboard boxes and steal lots of peanuts... boxes
where about 5' x 2' x 4'  ...took two boxes and total weight was around
200#   I found a small shipping company ( after 10 phone calls or so...)
that handled the shipping to the container ship company in California...
cost me about $200 bucks.  Look in the yellow pages for custom shipping and
smaller companies...   I'd give you the name here but they are local here
to Birmingham...   but, it's a lead..

and I agree with Scott's comments   Greyhound will take anything that will
fit in underbus storage... weight is usually not a problem...  I've seen
tires, crates, mail, and computer parts all come from the underneath
storage... usually overnight and really inexpensive

hope it helps

john

I've never completely understood anything !