Oxy Acetylene Torches / bottle size

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oxy Acetylene Torches / bottle size
From: shiples@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:46:12 -0700
  I've been waiting for this topic to come up again.  I have had Harris
guages, a Smith torch, and the small bottles for about 20 years.  I don't
use them more than occasionally but did have to have the oxygen regulator
repaired.  The shop claimed they recognized the damage as caused by the
operator (Me? impossible!).   What is great about small bottles is that
they are the ultimate in portability.  In my case, I've considered
upgrading to larger bottles, but I'll keep the small bottles since they can
go places that other setups will never go.

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA