Re: Back-up home generator.

To: bn1@pacbell.net, Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Back-up home generator.
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:23:55 -0500
15K watts should be way more than they need to run the furnace, fridge and
microwave.  Saying "15,000 watts at 100 amps" doesn't really make sense,
but I'll spare you the Watts = Volts x Amps lecture.  This should be an
awesome system for them, as it is totally automatic.  My solution involves
taking the generator out from the garage, hooking it up, filling it with
gas, etc.  Not the stuff your average octogenarian wants to do.   I think
the main issue is whether or not it's worth spending that much money.  How
often do they lose power there?  For that much money you could probably
hire a guy with a four wheel drive to take them to the finest hotel where
there is power whenever it goes out.  They could live to be 112 and you'd
probably still be ahead.  I'm joking, of course, as only you can put a
price on peace of mind.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net