Re: hydraulic radiator fan

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hydraulic radiator fan
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:23:00 -0500
Because they could?

Seriously, most of the pushers I've seen have side mounted radiators that
would receive virtually no natural airflow at speed. Diesels need a bunch
of cooling so the engineer probably decided on a solution that would
guarantee robust airflow through the radiator at all times. Automotive
fans, on grand scale of fans, don't move a whole lot of air.

Are the hydraulics used for anything in the vehicle? Perhaps it was an
idea to take advantage of a system that would be otherwise be idled for
long periods.

Who manufactured your motor home?

Jon