material for slide-out drawers?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: material for slide-out drawers?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:05:12 -0600
I'm no expert on wood materials.

I'd like to make some drawers to slide out of a cabinet in my wife's
kitchen.  I already have the full-extension slides that screw to the side of
the drawer.

I'd like these to be strong and easy-to-build.  I'm not set up to make
dovetails.  I'd like to just screw them together, with a bit of glue.  What
kind of plywood should I get that will hold a screw on edge?

I don't expect that materials other than plywood will have as good a
strength-to-weight ratio.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett