RE: Tools

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tools
From: "Michael Burdick" <burdickm@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:11:27 -0500
A U-joint press!  For 20 years I've changed u-joints with a vice, hammer,
sockets and a little swearing.  I finally bought a u-joint press and was
stunned at how easy it made changing them, even ones still on the car (or
truck in this case).  It literally takes minutes, even on joints that are
decades old and frozen in solid.  The press I bought came with adaptors for
doing ball joints too, which I wish I'd had last summer when I did the ones
on my truck...

Mike Burdick
Durham, NC