Re: rivet nuts

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: rivet nuts
From: orphancars@direcway.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:08:01 -0600
How-dee Mark!

I _love_ those things.  Best way to get threads in a panel, replace
one-time use rivets, etc.  Replaced all the rivets used on my Fiero
to hold the body panels to the space frame and each other.  Good stuff!

Why the requirement to go metric?  I think it'll limit your selection and
availability of a rivnut tool and the availability of the rivnuts themselves.

I got a rivnut tool made by Celus.  Hand operated, seems to be pretty well
built,
and I got it from a vendor that sells heavily to the local private/hobby
aircraft
community.  Looks like it'll last a while........

hth,

-jeff d