RE: carry around tool kit.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@s1.optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:18:31 -0500
I never really understood the appeal of AAA.  Some folks seem to believe
that without AAA, you will be forced to sit stranded on the side of the
road until you slowly die of starvation.  Even without AAA, you can still
call for help.  You just have to pay.  So now it just becomes a financial
decision.  How often do you break down?  How much does a tow cost?  How
much does AAA cost?  Then do the math.  If you find yourself needing help
fairly often, I guess it pays off.  The other frustrating thing about AAA
is that you call them and they send the tow truck from whoever they have a
contract with.  So if you break down across the street from a different
garage, you get to stare at their tow truck while its driver plays
solitaire and you enjoy the scenery.