shop heat/cool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: shop heat/cool
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:00:59 -0600
I thought the swamp units  might add a lot of moisture... before I got heat
I had a problem with condensation and rust...  on really humid days...

I installed a 50K btu Reznor ceiling hung gas heating unit this year and it
keeps my shop at a nice comfortable 62 degrees...  it is so nice to go out
and pick up warm tools and lay on a "reasonably" warm floor and   with a
constant temp, my moisture problem has disappeared... even with gas heat I
see no problems now...  I can leave freshly  sanded bare metal for days
with no sign of rust..Wish I had done it 10 years ago..

Winters here in Alabama aren't  so severe... but 30 degree days and nights
are common...  I only saw about a 15 cu ft increase in usage over last
month/year  so I don't think it's costing me much...  what ever it costs
it's certainly worth it.

Might consider a/c if I could luck up on one of those take out units... I'm
only 650 sq ft, sealed and well insulated..so it shouldn't be very
expensive to cool ... even if I only use it when I'm in the shop.   One
thing with the heat on... I miss an open roll up door... the light and the
view...

john

Why do women always ask questions that have no right answer ????