RE: Prednisone & poison oak, (was Fun with my new toy, errrr,

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prednisone & poison oak, (was Fun with my new toy, errrr,
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:05:47 -0500
Eric Murray [mailto:ericm@lne.com] wrote:

> It also messes with my head, making me either
> happier than usual or depressed.

I've had to take Prednisone a couple of times in the past to "cure"
poison ivy - I have massive allergic reactions, not just itching.
The Prednisone usually made me depressed.

I recently had to take some massive doses of Prednisone (more than six
times a "normal" amount) for about six weeks in an attempt to cure
another condition (anemia caused by an auto-immune problem the Prednisone
was kind of like a chemo-therapy treatment).  The Prednisone made me
euphoric for the first week - nothing could stop me.  The other five
weeks however, I had to be on massive anti-depressants - I was pretty
much totally out of it for about a month and a half (can you say suicidal?).

Prednisone is dangerous stuff - take it with caution.  It did work on
curing my anemia however...

As for old Ford tractors - some of fondest memories are using my
grandfather's old Ford tractor when I was a kid (which incidentally was
the first time I was exposed to poison ivy - brush-hogging the
overgrowth).   Every time I visit my aunt's farm, I still have to
take her old Ford tractor for a "ride" around the farm...   8-)

Tim Mullen