Re: Air hose/hose reel suggestions?

To: strovato@optonline.net, john__matthews@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: Air hose/hose reel suggestions?
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:28:28 -0600
>>>Also, I always wind mine over/under (like climbing rope) so it will
>>>unwind easily.

>Can you explain what you mean by this?
>-Steve

I'm interested in this, too.  I saw a PBS series on sailing several years ago.
 Robbie Doyle was the instructor, I believe.  He was showing us how to coil
a line so it did not kink.  There is some trick of reversing your grip with
each grab of the line.

I didn't get it, and I have no videotape of the show to review.  I have to
believe
this is the same technique.  If it is possible to explain it in text, or if
you have the URL of some sailing/climbing website, I'd love to learn this.
It just went by too quickly for me on TV.

Please "show us the ropes".

Phil "slow learner" Ethier