termite damage/treatment

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: termite damage/treatment
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:26:13 -0600
disclaimer,... it's not tool related, although I used lots of tools and the
infested building is the shelter for ALL my tools... my shop has termites
!!!!!

so I found this bucked siding on the garage and poked at it...made an easy
hole... now I've torn off roughly 25 sq ft of masonite side and wafer board
under it to expose the termite infested studs and non existant window ledge...
the paint was holding it together...

I plan on replacing the bad wood and probably the window but I'm wondering if
i can treat this area myself and eliminate the little celluose loving
buggers...

for lack of anything else I sprayed everything with liquid sevin ... I figured
it couldn't hurt and it might keep the buggers from going deeper into
hiding...

any home treatment ideas..

like old ford trucks ???  check out my site
http://jniolon.clubfte.com
or our mother ship at
www.ford-trucks.com