Re: What do you call.........Joes?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What do you call.........Joes?
From: "Steven W. Reilly" <luckyone@sentex.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:08:12 -0400
At 06:51 PM 12/04/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm not a safety freak, I don't have to be warned about the danger of
>hammering welding rods into my ears.  But I do close my eyes when
>I weld without a hood.  Just because I've never had a flash burn doesn't
>make it a Myth.
>
>You can't use your good judgement if you are unaware of the danger.

Flash burn definitely isn't the only danger here.............I was welding
without a hood just this  past Saturday.  Closed my eyes and turned away
after positioning the torch.

Since Sunday I've had the worst sunburn of my life.................no
joke.  Face is red like a tomato.  Everything else as pale as usual!

Steve Reilly