Re: Blasting Sand

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Blasting Sand
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:28:31 -0400
I have been getting glass bead and other specialty abrasives for my cabinet from
TP.  A friend of mine has family out that way and buys us a supply, sometimes at
a sale, when he's out to visit.  I have had a terrible time finding decent
prices and choices in Connecticut.  I can get sand and black beauty from the
local construction supply store, though.  I, too, have an air supplied
respirator that makes the sand safer to use, and I use it outdoors on dry days.
Frames, suspension parts, gas tanks, that sort of thing.  As far as body panels
go, I have used the services of a local blaster to do these.  For the time and
effort involved to take the proper care, and for how often I do it, it seems
better to pay him $60/hour.