RE: Cleaning master cylinder reservoir

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cleaning master cylinder reservoir
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:09:49 -0700
> I'm swapping a new master cylinder into my Rabbit, and wanted to
> clean out
> the master cylinder reservoir,
<snip>
>  I don't want to get to crazy with chemicals b/c it's made of
> plastic, but my first thought was putting some abrasive in there (sand,
> etc.) and shaking it around.

Makes sense to me.  They used to sell ceramic 'chiclets' to clean coffee
pots the same way.  Probably best to be a bit bigger than ordinary sand, so
there's more force when you swirl it around ?

I'd also wash the sand first, so there's less possibility of any fine
particles being left behind to eventually get into your brakes.

Randall