Yet more copper talk ...

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet more copper talk ...
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:05:50 -0500
I'm looking for a new air compressor. When I stopped by the
local air compressor store [really ... http://www.castair.net/, its on
the way home from work] I observed that they had large copper
lines running from the head of the compressor to the tank, or from
the head to the intercooler and then into the tank. And they seemed
rather proud of their use of these copper lines.

Given the number of "don't use copper lines for your air distribution
system" threads I've seen, I'm wondering how this can be a good
idea. It is in the worst possible place - the hottest air at the highest
pressures in the system.

Please enlighten me.

Arvid