Ballast Question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ballast Question
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:22:31 -0400
I've got a couple problems with my fluorescent lighting. First is the
well known problem of them never completely brightening when the weather
is cold. I've Googled cold weather ballast but all I get are generic
references to them, not specific models or places to buy them.

The second problem I have, is that we are in perpetual brownout during
the Air Conditioning season and some of my fixtures won't light at all.
I'm assuming it is the same problem (not enough voltage to sustain
fluorescence) manifesting itself in a different way. Does anyone else
have this problem and will a "cold weather ballast" solve it?

Thanks,
Jon