Re: Fluorescent light problem

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fluorescent light problem
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:44:43 -0700
If the bulbs were blowing out all over the house I'd blame something
universal: power spikes, brownouts, something.  But if only the bathrooms
are going I'd venture a guess that the fixtures in both of Karl's baths are
probably the same (and different than the others) and its related to that.
Same with Derek's kitchen lights.

Another possibility is they are overheating: are the fixtures more tightly
sealed up?  They hate that.  I put 100W equivalent compact fluorescent bulbs
in ceiling cans and they blew out at an alarming rate.  Yes, I read the
package that they were not to be used in closed fixtures but needed the
extra light and didn't want to replace the fixtures and therefore the
ceiling.  So I bought them when the local utility sponsored massive
discounts on the bulbs to encourage their use.

Mark.