Re: greasy hands

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: greasy hands
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
--- FRED wrote:
> .... then take 2 minutes and wash them with clean 30 weight motor oil ....

My favorite is to use the normal citrous hand cleaner - then wash my dirty rags
by hand - even finger nails come out clean enough for dinner or other Saturday
evening activities.

I used to wait for dirty rags to accumulate into a small pile then sneak in and
use SWMBO's washing machine. Once that was stopped I started dropping the rags
in a small bucket of soapy water (detergent actually) as they got dirty then
washing them by hand in the sink I had the forsight to install in my new shop
(garage). I wash them much more frequently now - trying to keep to no more than
6 or 8 at a time. I have a better supply of clean rags - and clean hands. Only
takes 5 minutes or so - and I use the time to ponder what I've just done and
what's left for tomorrow.

Derek