RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>,
Subject: RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:13:14 -0700
Keith Turk wrote:

> so we decided on standardizing our air nipples to
> Milton Type M ... the obvious advantage is we
> match... but also we picked what was immediately
> available from the local suppliers.  <...> trust
> me I hated pitching out all those weird ones...
> but now I know where to find the new nipples in
> the shop.

I also had picked an odd brand of couplers.  They were cheap and
available at the time when I first bought them.  Later as I needed more,
they were hard to find, and expensive when I did.  I finally decided to
chuck them all and replace them.  I bought the ones sold at Home Depot.
They were (relatively) cheap, and seem to be the "universal" standard.
Most (all?) new air tools that I buy that come with a coupler fitting
fit - if they don't, a spare $1 coupler plug from my drawer does.  They
seem to be the most common, and I've never had any problem with any of
the leaking.

As for Blow Guns and Air Chucks...   Well, mine are about 25 years old,
so they might be hard to find, but I'd just go with the CH ones that you
find at Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc.  They seem to be pretty good quality
and again, relatively cheap.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA