Re: It is now time to plumb the garage for air.

To: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>,
Subject: Re: It is now time to plumb the garage for air.
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:29:51 -0700
>I'm not impressed with having to cut and thread steel pipe, plus the
>possibility of corrosion drops it to the bottom of the list.

   That cutting and threading is why I didnt do it, I researched it a lot
and tried to do it with available parts but I had too many corners to go
around and the like.

>I don't mind cutting and sweating copper, but it is still a lot of work
>and screwing around. No corrosion, durable, reasonable

  Everyone said this was too expensive and not worth it, 3 20ft 3/4 pipes
some elbows, 2 unions and one day and it was done and leak free, maybe more
expensive than black pipe but the second day of the weekend I was riding my
motorcycle instead of finishing the job.  One (maybe 2) persons on this
list suggested that the solder might let go when running the compressor a
lot at the solder connections near the compressor, so I silver soldered
those first 2 but I think that was waste of time (not really as I learned
to silver solder)

>The TransAir solution would seem to be a lot less effort and meets the
>non-corrosive criteria, but limited

   not heard of this one but the stuff like what I assume this is a few
years ago when i did my shop was quite expensive.