Re: Air Chucks and Blow Guns

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Chucks and Blow Guns
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:21:53 -0500
Randall wrote...
> Hoses don't last me very long <snip>

Well, in 1971 as a loyal Binks employee I bought 100 feet of 3/8" Binks red
air hose, cut into a couple of lengths to permit us to use them wherever.
It wasn't cheap even with my discount, and I probably paid about the as much
as cheap hose would cost today at Homey, etc.

I'm still using it today.  I've wiped it off on occasion, particularly years
ago when I used to paint lots of cars, but that's all the care it's ever
had.  It hangs coiled on a garden-hose hanger on the front of the
compressor, right next to the overhead door, exposed to all manner of
sunlight, smog, flatulence, etc.

It's still fine - not like new, but not particularly age-cracked or
anything.  It may well outlast me.

But darned if I can remember who used to make Binks air hose.

Karl