RE: Pipe threading?

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Pipe threading?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:31:13 -0700
> An easier and more reliable solution would
> be to install an aquarium bulkhead fitting.

Another possibly easier to obtain solution might be an ordinary PVC to male
NPT adapter, with a rubber gasket and a nut to thread onto the threaded
portion.  I just used one of these to plumb the drain pan for my new water
heater, and ISTR it cost less than $2 at the local Home Despot.  Since I was
short on clearance inside the pan, I cut off the threads flush with the top
of the nut after installation.

Randall