RE: More on hot tub plumbing repair...

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: More on hot tub plumbing repair...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:44:11 -0700
>    So now I need to get a tap that will survive in Chlorine. Does
> anybody  have any experience working with pools or similar?

Yeah, chlorine eats copper pretty quick.  The result stains the pool too, at
least my plaster one.

PVC stands up to it really well though, and I think my Home Depot carries
PVC ball valves in the smaller sizes (up to 1" perhaps).  Larger ones can be
had on eBay, I just bought a 3" 3-way PVC valve for my pool.

AFAIK, stainless is the only other common option, and they're pretty
expensive.

Randall