RE: pouring a new concrete garage floor

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: pouring a new concrete garage floor
From: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:03:36 -0400
> > * One of the concrete places mentioned it'd be another $5/yard for
> > fiber... Apparently you can have the fiber inserted into
> the mix rather
> > than using rebar or mesh?  Is one method better than the
> other from a
> > strength standpoint?  How about from a finishing standpoint?

Couple of things I hate about fiber in concrete

1.  It gets into your skin if you lie down on it.  (Some people claim it
goes away if you burn it off with a torch, doesn't work for me).
2.  It gets caught in a mop when you try to clean it off.

That's why I didn't use it in my shop floor.

Ron Madurski