RE: Lift install question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Lift install question
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:15:27 -0500
Not at all.  These are super high-density industrial *magic* shims that my
father-in-law scored from a job where they built a hockey/basketball
stadium.  These shims support 6 figure pound loads.  For years.

I didn't believe him at back when he first showed them to me and stuck them
in a 50 ton press.  Nothing unless I had the contact area very small.  They
laugh off sledgehammer blows...   :-)

At 01-03-2005 at 20:39, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Randall's keyboard
and said:

> > Yeah, I didn't need to shim that much but I did need some shims.  1/8"
> > plastic shims on or so on one post
>
>Aren't you worried about the plastic deforming under load ?

Cheers!